Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Very Very Big Thank You

Ze Frank said "I am not the sole author of my victories."  For all the success I've had, there has been so much support for me to rely on.  The World Champs are almost here and  I have some people to thank for their love and support.  So many of these people have come out to cheer me on.

My parents, Anne and Lorne, for loving me and kicking my ass when I needed it.

My whole extended family Grandma Jo, Grandma Kae and Grandpa Hal.  The Aunts and Uncles: Mary Ellen and Dennis,  Irene and Tim, Mike and Gwen, Tim and Peggi (godparents), Dan and Cheryl, Joe and Sheila, Hal and Jen, Barb and Peter, Kathy and Ian, Robin, Phil and Fran.  The Cousins: Connor, Courtney, Lawton, Patrick, Meg, Mark, Troy, Erin, Brett, Dylan, Bridget, Griff, Braeden, Cara, Mac, Finn, Maddie, Cole and Kathy.  All of them for supporting my trip to worlds, coming out to races, and all the love.

Tayelor, Nathan, and Mark for being awesome friends, the long nights of video games, and general shenanigans.

My roomates, Josh and Laura.  Josh for the racing advice and the rides to bike races.  Laura for the encouragement and showing me the River Valley when I first moved to Edmonton.  Both of them for the awesome food they cook, bake, blend and the ice cream.

Larry, Laura's dad, for supporting my trip to worlds.

The many many coaches of the U of A Triathlon Club.  The hours spent doing deliberate and consistant training is made a million times easier because of the club.  For anyone that has gone on a training ride or run with me a huge thank you.  Derek, Simmon, Jan, Lenka, Emily, Taylor, Antony, Pat, Becky, Stefan, Sanja, and Travis for the homebrews and anyone else I missed.

Dustin for selling me a road bike and getting me into triathlons.

Jill, William, Spencer, Joanne, and Blake for all their kindness and yelling at me to run faster.

Dave and Bridget for lending me a cyclocross bike to ride for 2 years and introducing me to a whole new world of fun which led me to do a directed study.

Joe and Shari for organizing the Fiera Race Team, the Bike Reel Film Fest, and the Kettle Cross Enduro.  I am proud to be apart of the team.

Bob and Aron, my bosses at Track 'N Trail for not just letting me take 6 weeks off to race and travel and also being the best bosses I have ever had.

Marty at Fresh Air, for lending me his bikes to race and ride when I couldn't fly with one and the life advice.

To the guys at Hardcore. For fixing my bike at the last minute before a race, evening making me lunch sometimes.

To close I want to finish with a quote by Ron Funches from his interview on "You Made it Weird with Pete Holmes."

"Dear gods, godessess, ancestors, aliens, people, whoever watches over me, thank you for allowing me to be here.  I understand this is not in me or within me or from me but through me that these abilities flow.  Lets go out there and have a good time."

Thanks again everyone! I am so thankful for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment